Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Autistic, Queer, Invisible

There is a feminist zine, called Speak. It's looking for submissions, with sex as the theme. Submissions are anonymous, though I suppose one could figure out pretty easily whose this is now that I stuck it on my blog. (Yes, I can do that.) This is what I sent them.

Trigger warning: Access barriers, erasure

I am Queer.
I am Genderqueer.
I am read as a woman.
(Masculine is not neutral.)
(My mix. It is not purely feminine.)

I am Autistic.
I can have sex.
Mostly, I don't want to.
Others do. (Yes, Autistic others, too.)
But.
When I can't recognize flirting,
When I don't know how to begin,
When I don't know- can I touch?
-can I kiss?
-is that a proposition?
Your world, it is inaccessible.

Could I if I wanted to?
Doubtful.
You see me as Other,
A forever-child (except not!)
And sex is not for children.
Autistic, Queer, Invisible.

1 comment:

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.