Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

ALL THE THINGS

Life is busy.

So:

I'm on Abilities of the Arts with my Autism Acceptance designs.  I happen to think that is pretty cool. Also, it might give a bit more exposure for the fact that I'm selling prints of my Autism Acceptance designs over at Because Patterns. I sell other stuff there, too, and I'm running a giveaway for two of the artist proofs. During April, 25% of Autism Acceptance sales and 10% of all other sales go to ASAN. I'll be writing that check at the end of the month, already owe them $37.50.
Oh, and for that giveaway, how it works is that I asked what Autism Acceptance means to you, people answer. At the end of the month, the answer with the most votes and my favorite of the other answers both win an artist proof. So you should totally go look at the current answers, vote, and maybe add your own.
I'm trying to do National Poetry Writing Month. A lot of you probably know I use a queue for my posts- well, I'm writing this about two and a half hours before it goes up instead of the day or three lag time I tend to average, and I haven't written my poem for the day yet. I'm probably dumping it onto the end of this post.
I found out today that I got accepted into the Capstone year for my Chinese program. That means that come mid-August, I'm going to be heading off to China for nearly a year, and I'll be taking classes conducted in Chinese that are relevant to my math and engineering stuff. I'll be going to the new Tianjin site, so that's pretty cool too.
I'm supposed to present at Debilitating Queerness this Friday. The paper isn't done yet. I know what I'm doing tomorrow.
My friend Brandon is raising money for a photography project that is pretty freaking cool. He's taking pictures in Chinatown and in China, and he's doing a Kickstarter, and you should totally help him out. He shared my giveaway, I'm sharing his stuff. We've been friends for a long time.
I might be using one of my autism acceptance designs for an autism walk to benefit ASAN. We shall see. Among things yet to determined is if we can actually get a walk benefiting ASAN to happen.
I'm tired, and everything is a ladle because ladles. Also, I am getting really echolalic.

Now for the poem and I'm going to sleep.


Echolalia.
Echo ladle,
Echo dreidle,
Echolaling my echoed ladle.
The words repeating, time and again.
Echolalia sounds like echo ladle.
Echo, echo, echo,
Words and words and words and words.
Or just one word.
Echoes ladle.

1 comment:

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.